He planned it for his actual b-day, even though it wasn't a convenient day for us (Becky and the kids). That's what makes it sooo Mike!
Here's what the Master planned and how it all went down:
1. 9:16 am - golf (3 attendees). He shot two birdies.
2. 2:30 - 4:00pm - lunch at Carls Jr. (four attendees)
3. 5:00-7:00pm - Wave House (18 attendees)
4. 7:30 - 9:00pm - Chilis (24 attendees)
5. 9:50pm - Gold Class movie - Source Code (5 attendees)
Here's some photos of the fun:
We managed to throw in one surprise for Mike before he headed out on his day of fun. The kids and I made him some crepes for the traditional b-day brekky in bed. Mike wanted it on the floor of the TV room instead so we delivered it to him on a brand new skateboard!
The four oldest kiddos and I met up with Mike at Sentosa for stage 3 of the birthday celebration to do some surfing and boogie-boarding at the Wavehouse. This was the first time for the kids and Becky but Mike had been there once or twice before...
Here's Bailey shredding on the "surfboard" - it's actually the size of a skateboard:
Here's Mike rippin' it up on the Flow Rider:
Jack is still unsure of what he thinks of the Wavehouse. His face tells the story:
Sammy was tearing it up:
Then there was me (Becky) - the biggest natural boogie boarder of them all! Although my face doesn't show it I had a great time and thought the wavehouse was really fun!
We were all feeling the birthday love! We missed Skylar but she would have been sad that she was too short to boogie board...
We love our friends who came out on a school night to celebrate Mike's big day! Singapore besties are the best!!!
I don't have any photos from stage 4 but I did get this lovely one of Spencer and Mike relaxing before the start of the movie (stage 5). Once you start going to movies Gold Class you don't want to go back to boring theater seats. However, it's a lot harder to stay awake!
We had such a great day with our friends. The only thing that could've possibly made Mike's day better would have been to have some of our family there from the U.S!
I know I speak for all of us in the M.Daynes family when I say how much we love our dad/husband! He's the most fun-lovin', party dad ever and keeps us all entertained! A great, big, happy Hank Aaron b-day to our favorite guy in the world!
No comments:
Post a Comment