This was the week Sammy had been waiting for...ever since she auditioned for the musical at the first week of December she has been working and practicing and singing and preparing for this week. The show was on Wed, Thur and Fri and I was there for every show. Every time Sammy would walk onstage my eyes would well up with tears. She was Louisa...the second daughter and she was awesome!
Sammy had 5 costume changes during the show! Here she is with all her "siblings."
Here she is singing "Edelweiss" with the whole family at the big concert at the end of the play...
I finally got my way into the make-up room the last night before the show and took a few photos of Sammy with some of her friends from the cast. Here she is with one of her sisters, "Brigitta".
Here she is with "Baroness Elberfeld"...
Here she is with her sister in the play, "Marta" and one of the nuns...
The musical was so well done. It was better than some high school musicals I've seen. The talent from the girls was outstanding. The boys...not so much; although a few boys were good. They haven't sent out order forms for the musical yet but when they do we'll order some extras for the grandparents to see!
2 comments:
Sound of Music is my all time favorite show so I am bummed I couldn't see it! tell her she has to sing every song for me when I see her.
We just ordered you (& Dylan) a DVD copy of the show so you can see cute Sammy in the musical whenever you want!!!
Post a Comment