Sunday, April 26, 2015

Carson aka "Mr. Celiac"

April 2015

So after some blood tests came back positive for celiac we had a scope done on Carson at NUH here in Singapore.  The tests confirmed that Carson is celiac.  He has handled this trial like a champ!  I'm so proud of him!

My favorite celiac experience so far is the following:  Our bishop arranged for our entire ward to eat Carson's special gluten free cracker for sacrament meeting one Sunday.  He noticed that we were bringing a gluten free cracker just for Carson to take for the sacrament.  So, he decided to have a "celiac awareness" sacrament meeting where everyone took the crackers for the sacrament.  Our bishop (Bishop Quinton) explained Carson's situation and explained that because we all love Carson (and the Daynes family) that they would all "bear our burdens" and empathize with Carson for one Sunday.  This sweet gesture gave me chills.  I brought enough crackers for the entire ward that day and it was fun to hear everyone crunching down on their cracker and seeing all the smiles.

I never want to forget this sweet gesture of love toward Carson and my family!

No comments: