Monday, August 27, 2012

Jack's 6th Birthday!


Hard to believe that Jack Thomas Daynes has already been alive for 6 years now!  
Shouldn't he still look like this? :)


It was definitely time for this boy to have a birthday party with friends invited.  He had a small party with a few families invited the year he turned 4 and another small one with our neighbors, the Stevens, the year he turned 3.  This year I felt like he deserved a great party so I broke my rule of birthday parties held "only at home" for him and let him have the party he'd dreamed of for the last 12 months...

a bowling party at a bowling alley.


Jack's birthday falls on the week school ends for summer so it's a pretty crazy time.  This year his birthday was actually on the last day of school.  That actually worked out great because school was finished early - at 11:30a.m. so the party was at 1:00 in the afternoon.

However, I'm getting ahead of myself.  First we had to do the traditional cupcakes at school with his class:



Jack W/ Good buddies: Max & Grant


Now, the party was set to begin:
I'm so grateful to have 2 cars b/c we were able to bring almost everyone to the party ourselves.  Zadian and his mom drove on their own b/c they live in Bukit Timah area.

                                    Everyone was a bit excited waiting for their turn to play.
                                        It was great that all of Jack's "besties" were there:
 Ava Stevens and Katie Lib. are Jack's 2 favorite girl friends.  Ava was due to move back to the U.S. in just a few days.

                                      Cute buddy Zadian was there with a smile on as always!

Grant Steigerwald was there; Jack's best buddy at school.

Bryant was there; Jack's best buddy in our Woodlands neighborhood.

These next 3 photos are of Jack's best friends in our house:
Big Brother Carson

Big sister Bailey

Big Sister Sammy
           Jack's siblings added an element of fun to the party.  I'm so glad they chose to be there to support Jack on his special day.
Not Pictured:  Skylar (she didn't make it due to an important nap she needed to have).
Not Pictured:  Mom & Dad - I promise that we were there! :)

Snacks, cupcakes and CapriSuns were enjoyed after the bowling game was over. 


Don't you love the look on Katie's face while Jack is blowing out his candle?
6 year olds are so fun!

This party was easy-peasy and we didn't have to clean up the mess! (Now I finally understand why many people choose to have parties outside of their home.)

No comments: