Carson has spectacles now! Spectacles are what they are called here in Asia. But let me translate for my American readers: Carson has GLASSES now!
He got them about 4 days ago and the whole school was pretty much waiting on pins and needles as he counted down for 10 days for everyone for when his glasses would be ready. I'm sure his teacher loved the morning announcements: 9 more days until I get glasses, 8 more days, etc.
I think he looks pretty darn handsome in the cool blue glasses that I let him pick out all by himself. However, at church on Sunday my Korean friend saw him and was just devastated! She said, "Oh no! It hides his handsome face." There's one thing about Asians that I still have to get used to and that is how honest they are! If I have to hear, "oh you're getting big already" from one more Asian lady I'm going to scream! (Oh ya, by the way, I'm 3 months prego for those of you who don't know already.)
But I digress, back to my boy Carson...who just when I thought he couldn't get any more handsome went and got glasses and now he looks even more handsome; and sophisticated to boot! (Wow, all this talk of spectacles and now I'm speaking like a British woman.)
Carson's Eye Patch -
So...how did I find out that Carson needed glasses and an eye patch, you're wondering? Well, this is an interesting story. Carson has what his eye doctor called "sensitive eyes." He wakes up most mornings with red, itchy eyes. So, after taking him to 2 different eye doctors for eye drops that didn't ever help him I finally decided to take him to a "real" eye doctor.
On his first visit they gave him an eye exam and I was literally gobsmacked (British lady day, remember?) by what I saw! He could hardly see anything on the eye chart out of his right eye! So, it turns out that his left eye is doing all the work and his right eye is a "lazy eye." It's only bad enough that he has to wear the eye patch 3 hours per day which is not too bad. He just wears it for 3 hours every day after school for right now. He is super proud of it though and WANTS to wear it to school sometime to show it off! That's our Carson, always a show-off!
1 comment:
He looks not bad in the specs.
Web hosting india
Post a Comment