
11 years we've had with this girl so far and we are so lucky! I finally got a picture of her with her glasses on. She doesn't need them for reading, just distance. I made her put them on for an action shot anyway! Now she really looks like an author. With her intense love of the world of fiction, can't you just see her as the next J.K. Rowling?
Lady In RED - Here she is getting ready for That Dance Thing. "TDT" is for 6th graders to get together on a Friday or Saturday night and learn ballroom dance. They have a fancy dinner where they learn etiquette first and then they dance...with boys! There's always lots of good stories after TDT so Mike & I are looking forward to chaperoning it a lot next year so we can see all the drama first hand!:) We had a difficult shopping trip trying to find her a fancy dress. I don't think anyone has ever thought about importing 'tween clothing into Singapore! After a couple of hours we found the perfect dress that was only about 2 sizes too big. After some quick alterations though it was perfect! I love the photos of Sammy waiting for her ride to show up with Bailey & Lydia anxiously standing by.
As long as I'm documenting stuff about Sammy I must also mention that she just got put on the bronze honor roll at school...for getting all A's and B's this term. Do you think she's more suited for Stanford or Harvard? We're proud of you Sammy!
Now there's one last item to mention...Sammy's meeting with David Archuletta. Mike arranged this through some of his contacts here in Singapore for Sammy to meet him. He was here promoting his album CRUSH for just one day. He made an appearance at a mall, signed CD's and put on a small 3 song concert. Sammy got to meet him, with Mike, ask him a question, get one very AWFUL photo taken with him and that was pretty much it. You really need to hear the story from her.
Poor Bailey was extremely jealous since she's A LOT more starstruck over Archie than Sammy. Bailey attended the concert with her friend Kierica and their family. I've been told that she was the one leading the pack of kids up to the front of the stage to get a closer view.
No comments:
Post a Comment